Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Excuses

Excuses is all I have for not having blogged in so long. You probably don't want to hear them all... let's just say that one of them was that my dog ate the cable wire and we had no cable or internet. Good, right? Well, actually the lawn service folks cut the wire and by the time the cable people came out (4 days later) all they had to do was reconnect it and it only took a total of 10 minutes but they had to make me wait 4 days before they would come do that. Whatever. I wish I could tell my client to wait 4 days before I thought about doing their project.

What else... Oh I was on my honeymoon for lots of days in the most magical place on earth... no there wasn't a large mouse handing out balloons on our honeymoon. We went to a wonderful little island in the Southern Caribbean and it was much like our wedding: perfect. Nothing to do but be in love. :) It makes me smile just thinking about it. More on that later... if your good.

I went back to work and it is work. I'm really short staffed and everything is falling on me. I've worked late nights the last two nights in a row and three times last week. I need to get some folks hired or I'm going to fall over with exhaustion.

The hubby (hehe - I'm still trying to get used to saying that) is back at work too but he has had two easy weeks in a row. Something about not having to do something that they usually have to do so he has a lot of time on his hands. Must be nice.

Also, occupying our time is our new past time... Writing thank you notes. Or should I say staring at the pile of unwritten thank you notes and reminding each other that we should get started. I have no energy to write thank you notes. I need to do it but I just haven't.

I think that I'm just so tired of all the craziness that was the wedding planning that now I'm just sort of blah. I don't want to do anything, even blog.

See its just all a bunch of excuses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want to hear something terrible? My first anniversary is in three weeks, and we STILL haven't sent out all of our thank you notes. I am going straight to hell. I say do them now, get the out of the way before you become like me and never do them.

Isabel said...

When you get done with all of your "Thank You's" can you come to my house and finish mine up?

(I need to hear more about the sunny island honeymoon. I am desperate for a vacation like that.)

And again...congratulations on the marriage!!

Anonymous said...

you're alive and well...and MARRIED! tee hee, I can't wait till I can say the same for myself. Glad you are back, and I hope we get more details soon :)

AnnaBana said...

We want wedding pictures!!!