Thursday, January 05, 2006

Baby Names

2005 Baby Names Records is IN!!!!!

I admit that I'm a tad weird and that I obsess about non-important things. BUT I LOVE THE BABY NAME RECORD!!!!

I always have even before everyone in the world decided that it was a good time to have a baby in 2006. I like it because I like to think about all the babies (1-2) Jack and I will one day have and the names that I should give them. (Notice the I in that sentence?) You want to have a good strong name and a solid name and not one that is weird and too different that the child will never be able to find a cheap pen with his name on it and spend all its life trying to explain how to either pronounce it or spell it and then grow to hate it and then as an adult change it for the normal more common spelling... I digress.

No I don't speak from experience.

I just once knew a kid that might have had a problem like that. But whatever.

ANYWAY, I love the name Emma and Ava. So simple but yet so classic and elegant. I hope that they drop out of the top 10. I hope that by the time Jack and I get around to having babies that there aren't a gazillion Emma's and Ava's so that my little girl can be one.

Cause really didn't we learn our lesson with all the Jessica's, Jennifer's, and Courtney's from the 70-80's.

3 comments:

Isabel said...

Dude, naming your baby is the hardest part about pregnancy. Believe me. We have no ideas. None. Not one single name.

Can you tell it's stressing me out?

And my baby brother just had his first kid. They named her EMMA. Yes, everyone has a kid named Emma. It's a good name...but just too popular right now.

Liberal Banana said...

Awesome - I'm #6 on the Top 1980's Girl's Names! :-)

Am I like totally out of touch? Why the hell is the name Makayla in the Top 10 this year?? And please don't tell me that Emma has been #1 (at least) two years in a row because that's what Rachel named her baby on "Friends"...? I love that name, but if it's been #1 that much, there's got to be TONS of Emmas walking around. And I would want my kid to be a LITTLE unique, right? I mean, not crazy unique, but a name not EVERYONE has, like Jennifer, ya know? "MY baby name" (the one I would claim amongst my closest girlfriends) -- Hannah -- made this year's list at #8. When I fostered a dog this year, her name already happened to be Hannah, which was PERFECT (since I don't want kids). :-)

Janet said...

omg, I am totally obsessed with baby names too!

Here are my tops:
girl: Elle (but fiance and I have settled on Ellison, close enough) and Carys (yeah, Cath Zeta-Jones named her baby that)

boy: Owen

I like simple names with vowels, so of course I like Ava too!