So last Saturday I took my future Mother-in-law (MIL) shopping for her dress for our wedding. We had great success, I'm so pleased with myself. At the first store that we went to, I had her try on like 25 different dresses and ultimately had two really, really good ones to choose from. She decided on a really nice and simple navy blue dress with little sheer jacket. Its not one of the wedding colors but all of a sudden when we were in the store, I just didn't care anymore about colors. The best part when we got up to pay for it we realized that the dress was actually on clearance and instead of $300 as mark it was $80 and she had a 20% coupon so after taxes and everything it was only $67!!!!! JACKPOT!
Its an elegant dress and fitting of a Mother-of-the-Groom (MOG). I had to keep reminding her that ultimately she is still one of the main hostess of the wedding (besides Jack and I and my mom of course) and that people would be there to see her too. I hope that she gets that.
Sometimes I wish she were more involved. She is so sweet and I really like her BUT she really isn't into the wedding or any of the activities surrounding it and that bums me out.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment