Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Betty Crock-her

So I've been in a baking mood lately. Every once in a while I get all sorts of energy and I turn it into tasty treats for Hubby and I. Because I don't want us to be fat newlyweds I usually take the rest of my baking goods to work and let that fatties go crazy there.

There is this one girl at the office that I have to work with, so I therefore have to act like I like her but in reality she kind of annoys the s**t out of me. Whenever I come in with a baking surprise for the office she says "Did you make this from scratch?"

Which makes me ponder: Why would I bake from scratch?
  1. Do I have enough time in the day to come home and bake a cake from scratch?
  2. Who the heck bakes from scratch these days? Especially when you can buy a cake mix package for a buck?
  3. Is a cake really any better if its made from scratch?
  4. What the heck does it really mean to be "made from scratch"? There is fresh eggs, water, and oil in my cake - same as yours.

So of course, I always say "Yes, of course I made it from scratch!" Look, I'm just a girl who likes expensive purses and celebrity gossip, who happens to have a sweet tooth too. Sue me.

2 comments:

Erika said...

THANK YOU. I guess the only reason people do it is so that they can say "I made it from scratch". This is a big thing with my in-laws. Me, I have no clue what even goes in cookie dough, much less how to make it.

Isabel said...

Hee-heee!! I love this.