So Ladies of the Internet, post your wedding song or your favorite wedding song here for Miss Janet soon to be Mrs Janet.
I'll go first! Our wedding song is/was:
You think I'd leave your side baby?
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave down when your down on your knees?
I wouldn't do that
I'll do you right when your wrong
I-----ohhh, ohhh
If only you could see into me
oh, when your cold I'll be there to hold you tight to me
When your on the outside baby and you can't get in
I will show you, your so much better than you know
When your lost, when your alone and you can't get back again
I will find you darling I'll bring you home
If you want to cry
I am here to dry your eyes
and in no time you'll be fine
You think I'd leave your side baby
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave you down when your down on your knees
I wouldn't do that
I'll do you right when your wrong
I-----I, ohhhh, ohhh
If only you could see into me
Oh when your cold
I'll be there To hold you tight to me
Oh when your alone
I'll be there by your side baby[repeat 1x]
Do I get an invite now for all this help?

11 comments:
you are the BEST! This is too sweet and will be SOOOOO helpful! yay!!!
I love the Allison Kraus song "You Say It Best, When You Say Nothing At All." Another suggestion is the song from Moulin Rogue (sp?) "Come What May."
We didn't have a wedding song, necessarily, because we didn't dance at our wedding, BUT if we did, it would have been "I Will Be Here", by Steven Curtis Chapman. Or really anything off of his "All About Love" CD, which is entirely composed of songs for his wife. We played the album as our exit music after the ceremony, so it's pretty special to us.
I love that song! What a great wedding song. Ours was "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait, which I don't think is necessarily Janet's style! lol
Our first dance was to Songbird by Fleetwood Mac. There is also a version by Eva Cassidy that was on the love actually soundtrack. Beautiful song and great lyrics and not overdone like some wedding songs.
Our first dance was to "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green. It was really fun, and there were plenty of dipping opportunities.
Not particularly original, but our wedding song was "At Last" by Etta James. I was 32 (and once divorced), he was 34 (and never married) and we had both been through a LOT of rotten dating years, so it just felt appropriate.
Oh, wait! I do want to add that instead of the traditional "back down the aisle at the end of the ceremony piece of classical music" (clearly I don't know the name of it) Mr. J. and I hightailed it down the stairs (long story) at the conclusion of the ceremony to "All You Need is Love" by The Beatles. I highly recommend it.
So...the song I've always imagined having at my wedding is Etta James' "At Last'. I know it's not that original, but it's such a beautiful song and really conveys the way I want to feel on my wedding day. Two other songs that I LOVE are both untraditional, but completely appropriate. They are "Forever" and "Happy Ever After", both by Ben Harper. They are amazing songs and again I hope that I feel that way on my wedding day. Good luck Janet! :)
I know I'm late with this. But I was on vacation....
The King and I didn't have a song. But my first husband and I had a song and it was "Standing Right Next To Me" by Karla Bonoff (it's on the "8 Seconds" soundtrack".
I love the Eric Clapton song "Wonderful Tonight". Always classic.
Our wedding first dance song was "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. I'm a big fan of it, I don't know Janet, but thought I'd throw my suggestion in! Hope wedding plans continue to go well for her!
Post a Comment