Monday, January 09, 2006

My weekend

Jack was away for the weekend for work. He left late Friday night and I stayed up late watching TV, writing Christmas thank you cards (I know I'm so behind but they are done now, I think), and updating my address book using the Christmas card envelopes people had sent. Yes, I'm that an*l. I'm okay with it, it actually makes my life a little easier knowing that my addresses are updated at once. It is also helpful for the wedding invitation addresses that we are going to be working on in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, since I stayed up well past my bed time, I slept in Saturday morning. I got up eventually and starting getting ready. BECAUSE today was the DAY of my FIRST fitting!!!! Yeah! Its actually here! Not only do I get to try on my dress again but I get to have it altered so that it fits me and only me. I was thrilled beyond words. OMG, I'm getting married and I have a dress fitting to prove it.

Life has become very, very surreal to me. One moment I'm completely overwhelmed by all the details of everything. (Every decision has 1,000 tiny decisions and they all effect another 5,000 details!) But in the very next moment I want to stand on my desk over these gray walls of misery and scream to the office, I'm getting married in 88 days!!!!!!

No, I don't have time to work on your unimportant work task, did you not hear me??

I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 88 DAYS!!!!

I digress.

So, I went to my fitting with my mom and one BM. I was so happy to see them both in their gowns. They are beautiful! I'm so happy. We decided that the BM dresses should also have a bustle for the reception and I kid you not it really makes the gown just look glamorous!

My gown is amazing. I look at myself and not only do I feel like a bride but I feel like the most magnificent me I've ever been. I can't help smiling at myself. I put on the dress and I think about the moment that I lock eyes with Jack and that everything the last 2 years have been will wash away because I'm with him and together we can do anything, overcome anything.

I'm so cheesy, I can't believe I'm crying as I type this.

So the fitting was great and I can't wait for my second fitting. BM and I went shopping for my shower outfit but I didn't find anything that I loved. Although I did find a great outfit for E's baby shower which is 2 weeks after my shower! So excited about that!

I also realized that I have to buy lots of outfits for the next couple of months. Like a shower outfit, a bachelorette party outfit, a Rehearsal dinner outfit, a going out after the wedding outfit, a morning after the wedding brunch outfit and I think I'm forgetting a party but I need an outfit for that one too. And as I explained to Jack, "NO I can not wear something that I already have in my closet because I only get married once and I should have a NEW outfit for each party and picture opportunity." Its only fair, right?

2 comments:

Erika said...

Yes, the endless outfits, I remember that. You have an outfit for my shower and I don't even have one yet. The only pants that I have are jeans, and there's no way I'm wearing a skirt.

"...together we can do anything, overcome anything..." - It's absolutely true, I was thinking the other day about how much you guys have been through and made it!

Isabel said...

Are you telling me that I should have been able to buy a ton of new outfits back when I got married? Dude, the hubby owes me BIG TIME!

And I just *knew* that I needed to get a new outfit for my baby shower this weekend. Especially because all the *cute* clothes I have are hand-me-downs from my friend who is throwing me the shower.

Anyway, don't you just love trying on wedding dresses? Can you believe I got the FIRST one I tired on? I didn't even try any others on "just to be sure". I just knew it was perfect.

Happy 88 days!!