Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Family Overload

We spent all day on Saturday with Jack's crazy family. Opened gifts, ate, talked, and ate some more. It was fun but by the time we got home I was so exhausted that I was asleep before Jack was even done bringing in the gifts from the car.

Sunday we spent all day with my crazy family. Opening gifts, eating, drinking, eating some more, talking, yelling, eating, drinking to make the pain go away and then eating again. We were so pooped from the day that all we could do when we got home was lay in front of the TV and relish in the peace and quiet that only a home without any children can have.

I'm so glad the holidays are over, so much family time can drive a person crazy!

But I'm not glad that I have to go back to work.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

And this is why I am glad we don't live by both of our families. The hubby and I were able to spend all day on Christmas Eve together. No family, no kids. Just us, on the couch!!