I've been having a really hard time falling asleep the last two nights. I think its because my body is trying to get use to my work schedule again. After about 9 days of vacation and of going to sleep when I was tired and wonderful daily naps, it doesn't understand that it must fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow. Because really your just ticking away at my total sleep minutes.
Jack was so sweet last night, when I couldn't fall asleep, he started to talk to me about his day so that I would be bored to sleep. AND IT WORKED. I had to tell him to be quiet cause now he was keeping me from sleeping. Poor guy!
Anyway, this lack of sleep is making it really hard to get up in the morning. Which isn't helping the new office policy of morning staff meetings. Which are so pointless but whatever.
So after snoozing for atleast 25 minutes and Jack whispering in my ear that we HAD TO GET UP NOW... I finally got up.
The rest of the morning was me running around yelling at Jack that we were late and why does he always make me late. (Double standard or warped sense of reality?) Jack of course was going about his daily routine and wondering what the devil I was waving my arms about.
(Sidenote: The Drs have said that Jack's lost a little bit of his hearing from all the bombs and bad guy fighting, I think he is using this new talent against me. What better gift than having an excuse to tune out your mate?)
Back to the real story:
So I get to Metro about 20 minutes later than I swore I would get to it last night. The entire trip in I checked the time, hoping that somehow the train would go faster. FINALLY, I arrive at my first stop and basically plow down some elderly man on my way to the next train. Sorry dude! Then I speed walk the entire way to my office. Slip into the elevator as the doors are closing and piss off all the other people as I accidentally push the wrong floor and then get out before the wrong floor. Opps, sorry dudes.
I walk into my 9 by 9 foot cubicle of death with 10 minutes to spare. I breathe for the first time in 2 hours.
Then I go to the above mentioned meeting. Sit for 4 minutes before they call my name. Speak for 30 seconds. Sit for another 3 minutes before being dismissed.
ALL THAT FOR A FREAKING 7 MINUTES!
Then I find out that my lunch date is cancel at the last minute. So now I have to buy my lunch and sit in my cell and eat it alone.
How many hours until I get to go home?
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment